Monday, May 6, 2013

So thankful.

Today was a huge out pour of blessings for me. I was hired on the spot for two part time jobs within the Las Vegas county and I start training next week. It's all happening so fast, I have a hard time believing this isn't a dream. I used to work at the Air Force Base but left that job in January of this year. During my unemployment, I had the chance to really take care of my home (donated lots and lots of things we rarely use) and had the pleasure to help family and friends in need. The past four months helped establish roots in what I believe is important in my life. I'm very thankful for the time of rest I had and I'm glad I was able to use that time to honor God and serve rather than wasting it by being lazy (I was that person two years ago and that season was full of depression because I simply didn't do anything).

In other news, I have been struggling in my faith because my husband and I haven't found a church home yet (please pray with us that the Holy Spirit leads us to one soon). We both actively read our bibles, pray and develop our relationship with Christ, but the only thing missing is a church to call home. Hebrews 10:25 (God's word translation ) says, "We should not stop gathering together with other believers, as some of you are doing. Instead, we must continue to encourage each other even more as we see the day of the Lord coming." Basically, we really need to find a church home. I feel like I'm dehydrating without one.

FMMA class was again today and it was SO much fun. I'm getting more familiar with my weapon more and more. Today we practiced with Kendo equipment and it was really enjoyable. I haven't worn head armor yet and kind of scared to. Actually, I've noticed that I'm scared to do any of this, but of course the more I participate the less scary the art is. Also, I've got excellent and patient teachers. I gave everyone mentioned in the last post some homemade vegan and gluten free sugar cookies because they've all encouraged me so much. The cookies turned out really yummy for such a "healthy" snack and were surprisingly easy to make. I got the recipe here. I found it by googling "healthy sugar cookies." haha well, have a go if you can. They're really simple and delicious. Thanks for reading. I pray God's good plans for you come into bloom this month of May. Blessings to you.

Your sister in Christ,
C

P.S. Here's a pic of the goodie bags I shared! The cookies can be made chewy or crispy depending on your preference. I made both. To accomplish chewy, cookie cut on thicker dough. Crispy, just roll and cut on thinner dough. Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment